Scope of Services
Within the construction industry Quantity Surveyors are recognised as the financial managers of the construction process and play a critical role in ensuring the financial success of building projects. They act in liaison with architects, consulting engineers and contractors to safeguard the client’s interest as independent experts who are expected to maintain the highest level of professionalism towards all parties involved.
Key reasons to engage a Quantity Surveyor include the following:
- To establish an initial construction budget at an early stage of the development project.
- To monitor costs during the design, development and construction stages and take action to keep costs under control.
- To ensure that fully detailed tender documentation are prepared to minimise risks to the Employer from variations and contractual claims.
- To ensure tenders are obtained under the optimum conditions of competition.
- The use of a Quantity Surveyor provides contractors the assurance that cost management will be carried out in an equitable manner allowing contractors to be more competitive.
The services provided by GES Solutions fall under the following headings all of which are encompassed under the umbrella of quantity surveying.
In addition to standard Quantity Surveying services provided for our construction project Clients GES can also provide the following specialist services:
- Claims review and advice.
- Insurance valuations
- Feasibility studies
- Contract management services.
- Commercial management services.